Sunday, April 22, 2012

Another great hockey story I could have followed


    And why I need 40 hours in a day and 12 days in the week.
Karen Repass watches her son Jason playing
hockey. (PHO245/Aaron Gonya) 
     It’s almost the end of the semester, and with it comes the end of a class that I had wanted to take since I first learned  of it on my return to Owens.  Pho-245 has been one of the best classroom experiences that I have ever had. It’s been an incredibly fast paced journey these last four months, and I regret that it’s coming to an end.  tempered of course with bloggers complete inability to function effectively.
     I followed Sylvania senior hockey for most of the season, mostly to learn about shooting sports, the difficult lighting and incredibly fast motion have been a technical challenge for me.   More importantly were the host of life lessons learned about dealing with people, and looking for stories in unusual places, and I have learned that good stories are everywhere.   
Repass assists the goalie 








      Karen Repass has watched her son Jason play hockey his entire life. Karen and Jason would have made every bit as good a story as the one I chose.  Karen watched and supported her son through the years  from Jason playing for St. Johns to his career  in coaching to working with young kids learning Hockey.  I  watched “Red” as they are simply called, skate their way through the last month of the season and right to the championship.  And I will hopefully be able,  once this semester comes to an end, go back and do some work with the other programs at Tam-O-Shanter.  For now I just want to share these few pictures from the championship game, and get back to writing a few more of the many stories I found during the semester that I wish I could have shared. 

#24 Jason Repass 

No comments:

Post a Comment